Valve released a blog last night, outlining implementations brought in the new patch. Operation Hydra has officially ended, however the Wingman event featured within it remains, with minor adjusments, however, whereby players will be able to select a specific map, rather than having a random one selected for them.
Next, an additional game mode was implemented - "The Flying Scoutsman". de_Agency was added to the classic competitive map pool, available for players on official matchmaking servers.
Lastly, matchmaking pairing has undergone changes, as now players will be ranked according to the "Trust Factor" by default. The "Trust Factor" is a system were additional factors have been introduced to aid deiciding which individuals you will be paired with when playing matchmaking. Noteably players with a Prime account can revert to pairing with the old system.
Official patch notes below:
– Operation Hydra has come to a close.
– Added Wingman and Flying Scoutsman to the available game modes.
– Wingman changes:
— Added Wingman-exclusive skill groups for better matchmaking in Wingman.
— Added ability to select maps.
— Added Nearby Lobbies for Wingman.
– Moved Arms Race and Demolition into War Games (with Flying Scoutsman).
– All War Games are now maxplayer 12.
– Slight adjustment to head hitboxes on the Leet Krew.
– Updated maps available in Classic Competitive:
— Mirage, Cache, Inferno, Overpass, Cobblestone, Train, Nuke, Dust II, Canals, Office, and Agency.
– Updated maps and map groups available in Classic Casual:
— Dust II
— Defusal Group Delta (Mirage, Austria, Inferno, Shipped, Cache)
— Defusal Group Sigma (Cobblestone, Train, Overpass, Nuke, Canals)
— Hostage Group (Agency, Insertion, Office, Italy, Assault)
– Matchmaking now uses the Trust Factor by default. In the short term, players with Prime status can still choose to match using the old system.