Valve recently revealed the latest patch notes for CS:GO, where the publisher finally addressed burning issues expressed by players from both the casual and competitive spectrums of users.
One of the most notable changes is a nerf to the CZ75a pistol, where it is no longer able to kill players with a helmet in a single shot, as well as having its base damage reduced to 31 from 33 per bullet. This is big news, particularly in light of recent feedback from the competitive community that was outraged with just how powerful the weapon was in both force buy situations and outside of them.
Next on the chopping block is the M4A1-S. The weapon felt inferior to it's louder variant, the M4A4, which had a larger magazine and reserve ammo capacity, while sharing the M4 family's feature of being unable to land frags with a single shot to the head. While the M4A1-S did sport a lower recoil rate, as well as untraceable bullets, the payoff felt too dear for many, making the louder rifle the preferred option. In this patch Valve addressed some of the rifle's issues by adding an extra 20 bullets to it's reserve ammo (40->60).
Concluding the list of weapon changes was the price adjustment of the MP7 from $1,700 to $1,500.
Cardinal map changes were also implemented with the latest patch, affecting a very popular competitive map - Mirage. Valve removed skybox limitations completely, affecting the dynamic of utility grenade usage vastly. Further, quality of life changes were implemented in the form of adjustments to T side access to the B apartments area from T spawn.
Check below for the full official patch notes.
– Reduced base damage of the CZ75a from 33 to 31 (a single shot is no longer lethal against a helmeted opponent)
– Increased reserve ammo for the M4A1-S from 40 to 60, to provide some additional utility without impacting brief engagements
– Reduced price of the MP7 from $1700 to $1500
– Removed skybox limitations
– Updated some landmark art
– Lowered skillceiling to get into apartments from T spawn
– Banked corner in hallway leading to A site scaffolding
– Removed ladder near entrance to apartments from T spawn, replaced with boxes
– Removed broken corner near van in bombsite B
– Improved visibility from T side of mid towards A connector (removed dark background door inside connector)
– Improved visibility from CT stairs towards T ramp in bombsite A (removed dark background door inside ramp)
– Disabled bullet collision on vertical fence columns in mid
– Removed wooden pillars at bottom of mid
– Fixed some player collision bugs
– Redesigned T approach to B site through alley, with split entrances
– Improved visibility of players against the scaffolding near A
– Removed ability to stand on top of doorframe at CT stairs to B
– Other minor bug fixes and improvements
– Game servers will no longer print their public IP address in response to “status” command from clients.
– Unsealed graffiti items can now be deleted.
– Fixed a bug where looping sounds playing from dormant entities could play briefly before switching off