The final ESL One event and second-to-last Major of the season comes to the United Kingdom for the first time ever. UK fans will have a great opportunity to view 12 teams battling for $1,000,000 and 1,500 QPs in person on May 23-27 at NEC's Arena Birmingham.
- Overall dates: May 23 to May 27
- Group stage (played backstage): May 23-24
- Arena days (with live audience): May 25-27
- Tickets go live on March 15 at 11:00 GMT / 12:00 CET (Day, Weekend, Weekend Plus, Premium)
TEAMS AND QUALIFIERS
- A total of 12 teams competing
- Six direct invites
- Six teams from regional qualifiers: North America, South America, China, Europe, CIS, Southeast Asia
- Open qualifier dates (for all regions): April 14-15
- Closed qualifier dates (for all regions): April 19-22
A total of four tournament of ESL One series have been announced as a part of the Dota Pro Circuit this season: starting with the ESL One Hamburg 2017 Minor, as well as ESL One Genting 2018, ESL One Katowice 2018, and the now-revealed Birmingham 2018 Majors. The upcoming UK Major scales down its participants list from 16 to 12 teams, which will hopefully fix the scheduling issues ESL events have been having this season. Further format details will be announced at a later date.